Saturday, July 18, 2015

BEING MISUNDERSTOOD

When I eat a lot, they say it’s because I smoked Ganja.
When I eat less, they say I am high on drugs.
When I come home late in the evening, they say it’s because I was looking for a prostitute,
When I get up early in the morning, they say it’s because I need a morning shot.
When I stay at home, they say I’m looking for something to sell from the house.

When I break down crying, they leered at me saying what a weak person I am for crying!
When I’m ill and had to lie down, they say I am just being lazy and pretending to be ill.
When I say I don’t have money to spare, they say I’m being parsimonious.
When I finally picked up the courage to speak to a girl, they say my behaviour is lecherous.
When I pay a courtesy visit to my neighbour’s, they say I am looking for something to steal.

When even my neighbour’s ill-fed bitch seems to look at me with suspicion and distrust;
When even my cries of despair are just another harbinger for more abuse,
Then I know that any hope for even the slightest hope for a better life is gone.
Even being religious doesn’t help with people whispering
“I bet He is using God’s name only as a mask”...and the Pastor didn’t chide them for betting!



Immanuel Zarzosang Varte
18/07/2015

No comments: