Friday, May 21, 2010

Reminiscing Memory Lane

Reminiscing.....
What good is it?
They are gone and over
Well... it does make me smile.

Reminiscence reminds me of where I came from
Of what my life was like
Of the fun-filled time I had
Of who I was and of how far I have come in life.

I know not what life holds for me
But I have had fun
I have been naughty
I have been blessed.

It is said that life's a cycle of mysteries
I was born out of my mother's womb and grew and grew
I went to school with my ties, white shirt
Pressed trousers, oiled hair, shining shoes.

On my back I carried my books, pencils
And sometimes some toys
With which I can play some pranks
With the girls at schools.

I remember the day I had with me
A broken piece of glass
To place on top of my shoes
And then peek to see what's underneath.

I remember the day me and my friends
Jumped out of the school window
Before the Science teacher entered the room
And then went to the movie.

I remember the day after school
Me and my cousin took a fishing hook
And then putting a worm on it
Tied the hook with a long strong thread.

I remember placing the hook
In front of my grandma's chicken
The chicken took the bait
It couldn't shout for help.

We had a fest that day.

I remember the day we went to an orchard
Plucked some pears, walnut, guava and mangoes
With the warden hot on our heels
I jumped over a five foot high barbed wire unhurt.

I remembered the days high up in the hills
Picking mushrooms and ripe juicy figs
Days we played sand castle on the river banks
Had a war game with mud.

Those were the days me and my friends did some crazy stuffs
And yes some very clever stuff too
I always somehow had only one button on my shirt
Even though all were there in the morning.

Those were blessed times no money could buy.

Immanuel Zarzosang Varte
1st May 2010

No comments: