Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Lady

The night was bathed in faerie moonlight
Caressing a lovelorn youth in bloom.
The distant stars twinkled
And the universe conspired.

She came like a wisp of the night
With starlight on her eyes,
Moonlight on her face
And lips the colour of life.

Her smile was enigma
Yet endearing in profundity.
What divine hands could chisel
A beauty so profound?

My heart was sorely in ache
Spell-bounded before a beauty so rare
Senses succumbing,
Consciousness but a distant reality.

Senses pulsing in erratic beats of anticipation
I reached out and whispered
“You are beauty incarnate
And I pray thine heart is too”.

She looked at me and said
“Thine love I desire
Thine affection I cherish
But mine heart I cannot give to thee”.


Immanuel Zarzosang Varte
22nd June 2014

No comments: