Wednesday, July 2, 2014

On Faith

On lungs of faith I dived
Deep down the ocean of life.
On wings of faith I flew
High upon the Elysian plains.

On caresses of faith I dreamt.
Like a vision I saw a multitude
Surrounded on all sides
By legions of iniquities.

On strides of faith I sojourned
To the four corners of the Earth.
I saw the four horsemen
Ready to march in all their furies.

Hark! An orator in glorified tongue
Speaking of better days to come.
The communion murmured in acceptance.
Pockets were emptied.

Hymns were sung in melodious chorus.
The Holy man spoke of peace and love.
The communion murmured in consent.
Pockets were emptied.

Rhetoric filled the streets
With promises of a better tomorrow.
Hopeful eyes abound.
A gun boomed.

A man of the cloth;
A man of the gun;
A man of the coin and the oratory
In all their deceitful passion.

The Father from heaven looked.
The son looked at the Father.
The Father shook His head and said
“The faithful are still out in the fields!”

Immanuel Zarzosang Varte
1st July 2014

No comments: